Yile Gu is awarded the Procter Fellowship, an honorific fellowship, for the 2016-2017 academic year. Congratulations!
Dr. Lichao Cai successfully defends his thesis. Congratulations!
Yundi Jiang joins the group, as a jointly-advised student with Professor Kevrekidis. Welcome!
Dr. Matthew Girardi successfully defends his thesis. Congratulations!
The Sundaresan Group visited the computing center at Princeton, where the group's computing cluster is stored!
Greg Rubinstein joins the Sundaresan group. Welcome!
Prof. Sundaresan’s course Energy-Water Nexus (CBE 335) profiled on Princeton University Web page. Full article here.
Yile Gu and Ankit Kumar join the Sundaresan group.
The Sundaresan group presents at the AIChE Annual Meeting in Pittsburgh, PA.
- Sankaran Sundaresan: "Constitutive model for the fluid-particle drag coefficient in filtered two-fluid models for gas-particle flows" (pdf)
- Sankaran Sundaresan: "Important length scales in dense gas-particle flows" (pdf)
- Sankaran Sundaresan: "Oscillatory behavior in vertical riser flow simulations" (pdf)
- Sebastian Chialvo: "A Modified Kinetic Theory Model Bridging Dense and Dilute Regimes of Frictional Granular Flow" (pdf)
- Kapil Agrawal: "Filtered Model For Energy Transport in Gas-Solid Flows" (pdf)
- Matt Girardi: "Liquid Distribution In Wet Fluidized Beds" (pdf)
Matt Girardi wins First Prize in the Particle Technology Forum Poster Session at AIChE (see above PDF). Congratulations!
Prof. Sundaresan gives a plenary lecture at Maastricht, The Netherlands, entitled "Role of hydrodynamics on chemical reactor performance." (pdf)
Dr. William Holloway successfully defends his thesis. Congratulations!
Shuyan Wang joins the Sundaresan group as a visiting scholar.
Professor Sundaresan is acknowledged with an Excellence in Teaching Award from the Princeton Engineering Council (E-Council). Full article here.
Matt Girardi passes his First Proposition.
Lichao Cai passes his First Proposition.
Olivier Bonnefoy joins the Sundaresan group as a visiting professor.
Fernando Milioli and Christian Milioli join the Sundaresan group as visiting researchers.
Xiaokang Yan joins the Sundaresan group as a visiting student.
Dr. Stefan Radl wins the 2nd prize in the prestigious DSM competition in Switzerland. Congratulations! See story here.
Dr. Yesim Igci successfully defends her thesis. Congratulations!
Prof. Sundaresan gives a plenary lecture at the CFB10 International Conference on Circulating Fluidized Beds and Fluidized Technology entitiled "Reflections on mathematical models and simulation of gas‐particle flows." (pdf)
Matt Girardi joins the Sundaresan group.
Lichao Cai joins the Sundaresan group.
Stefan Radl joins the Sundaresan group as a post-doctoral fellow.
Mohammad Reza Kamali joins the Sundaresan group as a visiting student.
Jurriaan J. J. Gillissen joins the Sundaresan group as a visiting professor.
Marco Rotondi joins Sundaresan group as a visiting student.
Jin Sun receives lecturer position at the University of Edinburgh.
>Sebastian Chialvo passes his first proposition
Entire group presents work at AIChE conference in Nashville, TN (see presentations below).
- Fluid-particle drag in sheared particle configurations (pdf available upon publication)
- Fluid-particle drag in inertial, polydisperse gas-solid suspensions (pdf)
- Constitutive modeling of slow flows of dense granular assemblies (pdf available upon publication)
- Yielding behavior of dense assemblies of frictional particles (pdf available upon publication)
- Filtered two-fluid models for fluidized gas-solid suspensions (pdf)
Jin Sun and Professor Sundaresan attend Syposium on Mathematical Modelling and Physical Instances of Granular Flows in Calabria, Italy (see presentations below).
A plasticity model with microstructure evolution for dense granular flows (pdf available upon publication)
Yielding of dense assemblies of frictional particles (pdf avialable upon publication)
Sundaresan appointed JM Burgers Visiting Professor of Fluid Mechanics at TU Delft.
Group presents at NETL Multiphase Flow Workshop in Morgantown, WV
- Frictional flow of granular materials
- Fluid-particle drag in inertial polydisperse gas-solid suspensions
- Course-graining two-fluid model equations
Sebastian Chialvo joins the Sundaresan group.
Bill Holloway passes first proposition defense.